Sunday, May 10, 2009

Breakfast In Bed

This morning the kids woke up at the crack of o'clock hour. I could hear them. They're fine. There are pop tarts and juice boxes in the kitchen. Then they come barreling in our bedroom giggling and excited. With breakfast for me! "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!" Big Girl handed me a big bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins and strawberries on the side (milk included). And Little Man handed me an apple and a Diet Coke. They did this all by themselves! I know. Because CPA is still dead asleep next to me. How cute are they?! Note to self: Teach children how to make coffee...

Whew... what a long day. Big Girl's end of year ballet recital was today. Yes. Mother's Day. For the third year in a row! Don't get me started. Both sets of parents in town to see the big show, it's crazy and very UNrelaxing. The opposite of what I wish my Mother's Day was. But it's a special day for her, and I love that for her. I teared up when the little 3 year olds were on stage this year... She was just 3. And this was her then...
And Big Girl now...

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment