Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School {Survival of the Fittest}

Today was the first day of school! Was I ready? Ab.so.lutely. And I'm never ready, for anything. Kids hopped out of bed like it was Christmas morning. That will wear off by Friday... I'm sure of it. But, none the less, I made pancakes {or as Little Man says "panny cakes"} because I rock like that on the first day. Tomorrow, cold cereal for sure.
{walking them into school}
I also like to send treats with the kids for their teachers on the first day. Because I rock like that too. I've done this since pre-school. My sister-in-law is also a 2nd grade teacher and has always told me that treats/surcees are never forgotten about on days when your child has less than stellar behavior in class ;) Big girl has never been a problem, but Little Man needs all the extra help he can get. And this chick isn't above some bribery via treats and surcees. Monogrammed no less.... and yes, I do get their monograms on "Meet the Teacher" night. Thankyouverymuch.


{First Day Survival Kit}
And just so you know... if it doesn't help {Little Man} that I send treats, that's okay. I think teachers have a tough job. So, if anything, I hope they know how much we appreciate them. So, go on... send your teacher a little surcee. She'll love you for it.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back!! And love the teacher gifts...so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete